Slot machines take up most of the Playtech portfolio and have three to nine reels, but most of the time there are all five reels with 15-25 pay lines. The gaming machines offer free spins, respin, and the RTP (percentage of theoretical return) is usually 95%.
Playtech offers a variety of big jackpot slot machines including Genie’s Hi-Lo, Gladiator, The Incredible Hulk. In 2002, the company launched the Win a Jackpot network, which combines online video poker, table games, and slot machines. Since its creation, this network has paid users more than 195 million euros.
Among the devices of Playtech are more often virtual slots dedicated to comics and movie franchises than other studios. More than 40 progressive slots developed by Playtech are on the theme of the Marvel and DC franchises: X-Men, Hulk, Batman, Superman. Many casinos specifically assign the title “Marvel and DC comic slot machines” on their sites. The manufacturer Playtech offers many slot machines dedicated to different sports.
Among the most popular slot machines of Playtech are:
- Jackpot Giant is a five-reel slot machine with 50 paylines on the theme of fantasy. The online device offers free spins, bonus game and a maximum payout for a combination of five characters Wild.
- Superman The Movie is a slot machine with five reels, one hundred lines, freespins, a bonus game, a four-level progressive jackpot and is dedicated to the 1978 movie “Superman”.
- Age of the Gods is a 5 reel, 20 payline virtual slot dedicated to the ancient gods. Four gods award four types of free spins with Stacked Wild symbols and payout multipliers. The bonus game gives you a chance to win one of four progressive jackpots.
- Batman & Catwoman Cash is a five-reel, 25-line, free spins slot with an expansive symbol, bonus game and four-level progressive jackpot, dedicated to the Batman movie and Robin from 1966.
- Frankie Dettori’s: Magic Seven is an online slot machine from the homonymous series, dedicated to the famous jockey. The video slot has five reels, 25 pay lines, freespins and two bonus rounds, and the risk game gives the opportunity to increase the prizes of the winning combination several times.
Playtech Board Games
In addition to the usual slot machines, the games produced by Playtech can be divided into various categories such as Arcade Games, Casino Table Games, Card Games, Live Casino Games, Scratch Cards, Sports and bingo.
The games arcade are slot machines with a simplified history and with a different gameplay than the classic one. In such games, there are no reels and game lines, and the actions are determined by a random number generator, for example, Around The World suggests guessing larger or smaller numbers and Gaze of Medusa “gaze burn” blocks from the same color.
Playtech offers casino table games ranging from dozens of different roulette wheels to sic-bo (Chinese interpretation of the game of craps).
Among the card games, Playtech offers more than 15 types of blackjack, 6 versions of poker, pontoon, baccarat, stravaganza and casino warfare.
Live dealer casino games and scratch cards are not far behind. Playtech supplies more than 20 different versions of these online games.
Virtual sports are games that simulate real sports, for example Frankie’s Fantastic 7 and Derby Day are dedicated to horse racing. The user bets on the virtual horses that move along the virtual track.
The games from bingo to Playtech are produced by a subsidiary company called Virtue Fusion. Playtech offers more than 65 mini-games with applications that include progressive jackpots.
Playtech platforms and software
The company Playtech offers the platforms and software such as EdGE: Flexible Open Platform Solution, Mexos, Mobile Hub, Solution for sports betting, iPoker poker program, Back office and platform for bingos and lotteries, Software for retailers, IMS (Information Management Solution).
- EdGE: Flexible Open Platform Solution is a platform to integrate and support gaming applications, where you can get all the company’s games that will be available on most modern devices.
- Mexos is a platform for online casino marketing, with which it is easier to build promotions and advertising of gaming portals.
- Mobile Hub is a framework for the integration of applications for mobile devices, developed jointly with Mobenga. The open platform allows you to incorporate any game, not just Playtech.
- The sports betting solution is a platform developed by subsidiary Geneity Limited, for online sites and terrestrial facilities.
- IPoker poker client, in which there are nine different types of poker. Together with the client, the marketing system and all the necessary tools for the operator are delivered.
- Playtech, which is also a member of the World Lottery Association and the European Lottery Association, offers back-offices and bingo and lottery platforms.
- The software for retail operators are multi-channel BLING ™ terminals, represented by the subsidiary Videobet.
- IMS (Information Management Solution) is a common platform that underlies almost all software and provides all the necessary tools to manage a casino into which you can integrate third-party applications and programs.
Playtech ONE is an innovative platform, the essence of which is that gamers can easily switch between games at terminals and online.
Who is Playtech
The company Playtech was founded by businessman Teddy Sagi in 1999 in the Estonian city of Tartu. The first license was received in 2001 and its shares were listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2006, so Playtech became a public company. The year 2010 was marked by a series of acquisitions and integrations, and the number of companies that merged with Playtech included GTS aggregator, Great Britain bingo provider Virtue Fusion, game developer Ash Gaming, company for mobile applications for gambling Mobenga, PTTS marketing company and Intelligence management systems provider Gaming.
In 2011, PT Turnkey Services and the Euro Partners Affiliate Program, one of the largest partner programs in the gaming business, were acquired. In 2012 Playtech joined Britain’s notable company – sports bookmakers Geneity. The Belarusian company Viaden Media was bought by Teddy Sagi and Playtech in 2012, and the PokerStrategy brand was acquired in 2013. In 2014 Playtech bought Aristocrat Lotteries and joined the Gambling Business Group. The chronology of the subsequent acquisitions is as follows:
- On February 16, 2015, Scottish game and software developer YoYo Games.
- On April 2, 2015, the trademark of diVISAs TradeFX in the market.
- On May 24, 2016, the Swedish game developer Quickspin.
- On May 31, 2016, the developer of games for mobile and social networks Funtactix.
- On July 13, 2016 the Austrian software and terminal developer Best Gaming Technology.
- On November 14, 2016, the brokerage company CFH Group.
- On February 7, 2017 the developer of bingo Eyecon.
Playtech was also supposed to have acquired diVISAs online trader Plus for $ 699 million, but the deal did not go through and the company withdrew from the German market in 2015. Furthermore, Playtech’s subsidiaries are Videobet and Aristocrat Lotteries. The company has offices in some 17 countries including Australia, the Philippines, Austria, the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, Germany, Gibraltar, Denmark, Israel, Italy, Sweden, Bulgaria, Latvia, Estonia, Cyprus, Russia and Ukraine and more than 5,000 employees .
According to the CEO’s words at the ICE exhibition on March 23, 2017, the study Playtech plans to continue acquiring profitable companies to diversify its business. The company implements the Multichannel concept not only in its products, but also in its structure. An example of this principle is Playtech ONE. This is the first platform of its kind, allowing access to the same game through multiple channels, computers, point-of-sale terminals and mobile devices.
Members of Playtech
Among the partners of the company Playtech it is worth noting Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment. The studio signed a license agreement in 2010, but in 2013 the owner of the comic-franchise Walt Disney Company decided not to renew it. As of April 1, 2017 Playtech removed all Marvel slot machines from the list of their offers.
However, the study found a way out in rebranding, the removed gaming devices became old, for example, the Fantastic Four machine was transformed into Age of the Gods: Furious Four. The contract with DC Entertainment was signed in October 2016 and thanks to this during 2016-2017 slot machines about Superman and Batman appeared.
The list of partners of Playtech also includes Captain Up, a marketing platform for social sites, Ladbrokes Coral, a bookmaker that together with Playtech organizes studies for live casinos, Featurespace, a company dedicated to risk management and prevention of fraud and Betfred, an independent English bookmaker.
Euro Partners is an affiliate program owned by Playtech that registers more than 50,000 partners in its network. It is one of the most powerful marketing and business development tools.