How to Play Craps
Two hexagonal dice are used in the dice game. If the dice are designed correctly, the sum of the numbers on handsome sides always equals seven: 1 vs. 6, 2 vs. 5, and 3 vs. 4. The player who rolls the dice during the round is called the shooter. The number of participants in a round varies from 2 to 20.
When the dice are rolled the first time it is known as a “come out roll”. You have to get a 7 or an 11 to win the bet. If you roll a 2, a 3 or a 12 (referred to as “craps”), you automatically lose and must bet again to continue playing. The third possibility is that you do not get any of these values, but a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, in this case you get the “point” and you can roll again: if you roll a 7, you would lose the bet, the game would be over.
Types of bets of Craps
There are more than 120 types of bets in the game of craps. To start playing craps it is advisable to know at least one or two types of bets such as Pass Line and Don’t Pass Line:
In the Pass Line bet you can win double your bet. This bet offers three ways to follow, depending on the amount of points that we obtain in the dice:
- If 7 or 11 points are rolled on 2 dice, you win the 1: 1 bet and the game is over.
- If 2, 3 or 12 points are rolled, you lose the game and the pass bet.
- If 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 comes out, what is called the number (Point) comes out. This number remains fixed and the next stage of the game begins. At the top of the screen there is a round button with the inscription On in front of the fixed number.
The Don’t Pass Line bet is the opposite of the Pass Line bet. You bet on a 2, 3 or 12 on the first roll. Double is paid in case of winning. If you get another number, you are awarded a point and you must keep rolling dice until the number rolled comes up before a 7.
Basic bets Field, Come and Don’t Come bar
There are many more additional bets that you can meet in the game of craps for free without having to invest. The craps table shows the following betting fields:
- Field: Bet on the numbers with which the point can be obtained (2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12). You win if the chosen number appears before 7. You can play at any stage of Craps. The payout is 1: 1 for numbers 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 and 2: 1 for numbers 2 and 12.
- Come is the bet similar to Pass line. It is played only in the second stage and also involves three ways to play the game. You win if the 7th or 11th is rolled and you lose if the 2nd, 3rd or 12th is rolled. The prize will be 1: 1.
- Odds on come is the Come side bet that is activated after determining the Come point. You pay 6: 5.
- Don’t come bar is the opposite bet of Come. You win if you get 2 or 3 points and you lose if the player rolls 7 or 11. If 12 points fall, the credits wagered are transferred to the player’s account. Any other number is determined as Don’t come point. In this case the bet wins if 7 points fall before the fixed number.
- Odds on Don’t Come is the Don’t come bar side bet. You pay 6: 5.
- Buy bet: You win if the number you bet on comes out.
- Big 6 and Big 8: It is a bet that a 6 or an 8 will be rolled before a 7 is rolled.
Stages of the dice game
The dice game is divided into two stages. At the beginning bets are placed and the game is started with the Roll button. At each stage of the game, certain types of bets are possible:
- Come Out Roll: It is the first stage of the game. During the Come Out Roll the Point is determined and you can bet on the Pass Line or the Don’t Pass Line. It can be any sum of points that comes out on the dice except for 2, 3, 7, 11 and 12. When the sum of the dice equals any other number, the Point is determined and another stage of the game is activated.
- Point Roll: It is the second stage of the game. The Come Out Roll number is played on the Point Roll stage. An indeterminate number of rounds are performed. It is activated if in the first roll 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10 points are scored in total. The number of points remains fixed. Point Roll ends when the Point number appears during the spin or the sum of dice points equals 7. At the same time, the bets made in the Come Out Roll stage are kept. If during the second stage the 7 appears, the Pass Line bet loses and the Don’t Pass Line bet wins in a 1 to 1 ratio. When the Point number appears, the Don’t Pass Line loses and the Pass Line is paid 1 to one.
To win in the Pass line bet, it is necessary for the player to roll Point again until they obtain 7 points. The prize of the Don’t pass bar bet in reverse involves the appearance of 7 points until the fixed number is rolled again. When any other number appears on the virtual game screen, both bets remain in play.
The side bets are available only in the second stage of the game and increase the amount of Don’t pass bar credits. The main difference of the side bet is that the prize for it is paid 1: 2.
During this stage several long-term bets are available:
- The Call bet is similar to the Pass Line bet. Win if during the Point Roll stage the sum of the dice is 7 or 11.
- The Don’t Call bet consists in that the shooter will not play the Call bet.
- Odds are the additional bets that increase the amount of chips in Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Call and Don’t Call fields.
- Win and Lose are bets on any number that precedes seven or the number that does not fall before seven, respectively.
- Hard Ways is the double bet that can be two fours, two sixes, two deuces, etc.
- Big Six is the bet that a six falls before seven.
- Big Eight is the bet that before the roll, which ends the stage, an eight falls.
You can even place additional bets for each round of the stage:
- The chips in the Field field is the bet on numbers 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- Bets on exact numbers can be on numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10.
- The split bet is on 6 and 8.
- Any Craps is the bet that a 2, 3 or 12 will fall on the roll.
- Craps Two is the bet on 2.
- Craps Three is the bet that during the next spin the number 3 will fall.
- Any Seven is the bet on 7.
- Eleven is the bet on the number 11 to fall.
- Craps Twelwe is the bet on 12.
New and additional bets increase the chance of receiving prizes, just like in roulette. Specific parameters and the ability to place opposing value tokens on the fields increase the chance of winning the prize.
Betting on an individual number
At any stage of the game you can bet on the individual numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10. This bet is made in the long term and is lost only in case of obtaining 7 points.
The player wins, if the corresponding number appears and gets the prize 6: 5. When obtaining another number the credits bet are not lost. If the bet on an individual number is established with a specific Point, 5% of the prize obtained is deducted.
- Win is the bet on a number rolled before 7 points are scored on two dice.
- Lose is the bet on a number that does not appear on the screen before obtaining 7 points.
The Hardways and One roll bets sectors propose the player to place bets that can substantially increase the amount of credits in the account. However, these bets are unlikely to come off.
Hardways is the bet that the double comes out before 7 points. The bet loses if a number appears on the screen that is equal to the sum of double, but which is made up of two different numbers. In the Hardways sector there are numbers two, three, four and five. Numbers three and four pay 9: 1, and numbers two and five pay 7: 1.
One roll bets is the section with several infrequent bets that carry high payouts. The main difference between these bets is that they must come out on the next spin. In opposite case the player loses credits bet.
- Any seven to win must drop 7 points. The award is 4: 1.
- Any craps should fall 3, 7 or 12 points. The prize is 7: 1.
- Any 2 or 12 with the prize of 15: 1.
- Any 3 or 11 with the prize of 30: 1.
- Horn are the two bets together 2/12 and 3/11 with the corresponding prizes.
Craps is a gaming machine with high-quality graphics and intuitive interface. The slot contains manufacturer-detailed rules of the game that are opened with the button and is available for real money gambling at online casinos.
Payment of bets on dice
Bets on craps are valued in different proportions. The amount of the prize in the case of the winning bet depends on the possibility of the appearance of one or another sequence in the dice. The lower the probability of obtaining the determined sum, the greater the prize. The coefficients for craps are indicated as proportions. The highest prizes are obtained for the following bets:
- Any Seven is paid 4 to 1.
- Any craps is paid 7 to 1.
- Craps Three and Eleven are paid 15 to 1.
- Craps Two and craps Twelve pay 30 to 1.
Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Call and Don’t Call bets win on a 1: 1 correlation. By increasing the bets through Odds during the game, the rewards will depend on the sums that will be formed during the spin: 4 and 10 will win 2 to 1, while 5 and 9 will be paid 3 to 2, and the sums 6 and 8 will be paid 6 to 5.
The numbers to the Win bet play depending on the sum: 4 and 10 will be paid 9 to 5; 5 and 9 will be paid 7 to 5; 8 will be paid 7 to 6. Also, the Lose numbers win in different proportions: 4 or 10 will win in the ratio of 5 to 11; 5 or 9 will be from 5 to 8; 6 or 8 will be 4 to 5. Big Six and Big Eight play 1 to 1.
Bets on exact numbers win in a ratio of 2 to 1, if 4, 5, 9 or 10 falls on the spin. The sums 6 and 8 play in a ratio of 1 to 1. Field bets win 2 to 1, if they fall 2 or 12. The rest of the numbers play according to the coefficient of 1 to 1.
Game Strategy to craps
To get the bets right, it is important to “cover”, that is, to ensure victory by placing the chips in the opposite value fields. In addition, it is recommended to be governed by the frequency of the appearance of one or the other sequences. Unlike roulette, instead of the recent statistics at craps you can rely on the common data, established for combinations of two dice:
- Sequences of sevens appear with a probability of 6 to 36.
- Six and eight appear with a probability of 5 to 36.
- Five and nine appear with a probability of 4 to 36.
- Four and ten with a probability of 3 to 36.
- Three and eleven with a probability of 2 to 36.
- Two and twelve with a probability of 1 to 36.
Taking into account the possibility of forming one or another sum, you can make more or less safe bets. The prizes for these types of sequences will be lower, but the possibility of obtaining a reward will be higher.
Types of Craps
There are several types of the Craps game. These variants are distinguished according to the demarcation on the game table and betting variants. After the appearance of online casinos Craps is offered on virtual platforms. The number of players can vary. Modern casinos offer both multiplayer games and single player games against the casino. The sequence is determined according to the turn of connection. The dice are rolled using the button and the numbers fall randomly. This rules out the possibility of scams, substitution of dice, or incorrect rolls. The most common modalities are:
Craps with bench
Craps with bank or Craps from Las Vegas is a variety of game in which a part of the bets are entered in favor of the casino. For this, on the game screen there are special fields with initial deposits. There is always a dealer at the gaming table. Award the prizes with the bets made and collect the chips in case you lose. Players can choose on their own at rival, which can be one-on-one game, or against the casino.
New York Craps
The Craps in New York hardly differs from the Craps with a bank. The essential difference is the significant privilege of the casino. In this type of table game, despite winning or losing, the casino charges 5% in your favor.
The Craps open or money is a variety of the game that today does not appear in online casinos or in legal land-based casinos. The peculiarity of this game is that players can bet not only with the shooter, but also with each other. There is a list of additional bets against the player. The bets that are not foreseen between the players, can be made through the bookmaker for additional payment.
The simplified craps is a good choice for novice gamers. A table with fields is used for bets. However, the number of sectors to place the chips is very small. To play the simplified craps it is enough to remember a very simple rule: bets on numbers from 2 to 4 and from 10 to 12 win. The numbers 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 lead to loss.
If you have known dice games and would like to try other games of chance, discover our collection and play for fun. When you know and know how to play craps, try playing craps for real money at online casinos that offer craps online. Remember that craps can be played online at casino games or with a dealer at live craps casinos.